I mentioned in on of my previous posts about the sketchbook revival that’s taking place. I’ll be sure to make a tab that has photos of my projects that I’ve completed along the way.
My next project is to become an urban sketcher.
Their Our manifesto is …..
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
I learners about urban sketching from Liz Steel. She’s been doing this since 2008! She’s made a career out of it. I’ve found that many urban sketchers have used their sketchbooks as journals. Documenting the things around them, every day.
To read more visit their website, and if you’re in Jersey, looking to meet up and draw give me a ping!