Just as a reminder these writing series started out with writing prompts. I’ll link back to day one at the end of this post. I had it in my mind already that I wouldn’t be writing everyday. I was ready to quit. Then on Monday I get this prompt: Write for 15 minutes about what you want to accomplish in the next two years.
It can be a daunting thing to think about the future because NOTHING is solid. Who’s to say that I will even be alive and well? This does not mean you should not plan. There are benefits to both and as the saying goes, ” if you failed to plan then you’ve planned to fail”.
So here are a few of the things I’d like to accomplish two years from now. Let me mention that as I started writing my list became longer. I remembered Maya Elious 100 life goals. So I borrowed her structure and more ideas, and accomplishments began to flow easily.
- go sky diving
- Finish paying off all student loan debt
- Have a fully funded emergency fund account
- work for IDEO
- create a consistent side hustle income
- refine donia studio
- visit the grand canyon
- visit Haiti
- create a design scholarship for $1000 for High School Student
- To be happily Married
- have a healthier eating habits
- join a cross-fit gym
- shed 30 lbs and keep it off
- Run a 5k marathon
- learn to swim (in Progress)
- have written everyday for two years
- refine my sketching speed
- become friends with photoshop (I Love illustrator but I know I need to step up my PS game)
- become a paid speaker
- become a better blogger – focused on design issues.
Day one out of the thirty days of writing challenge is here.
Thanks to Maya’s 100 goals list for a better structure.