I’m not sure where the fear comes from not wanting to promote our selves. Perhaps its the fear of people rejecting us.
With this upcoming project I know I’ll have to promote myself and my design work.
There’s this person I’ve been following on youtube for years. This year she celebrated 5 years on youtube. She started out promoting herself everyday for a year as online as an experiment.
Check her out: youtube.com/shamelessmaya
I almost broke my site earlier this morning. I was getting an error message and could only see the back end of things. However, majority of the back end is complete. With much back and fourth with my web hosting provider and asking tons of questions.
As I continue with the ConvertKit Course I am realizing I need to expand my outline and lessons.
Here’s where I am with everything so far:
- I’ve got the content for the landing page edited and outlined
- I’m halfway through migrating to wordpress.org (I’ve caught a snag with a few things and I”m just not certain what changing certain things do). There’s a lot of testing, breaking and failing going on in the background.
- I am working on the design for my landing page. Hoping to go live with it by Monday.
- I’ll be recording a video to post on youtube – scheduled for tomorrow – as a promo and a way to ask for funding.
Side note: after much frustration with wordpress.com I suggested that they put up a notice so that people that wanted a guided transfer could know they are unavailable. I’m glad they listened, because when I was attempting to do the purchase it wasn’t available and it wasn’t posted visible on the site.
Gee, thanks for the heads up….
Taking the challenge on for myself I’ll be using this guide WordPress has put together. I think it would be helpful to have a video guide because as I attempt to this there is a bit of switching back and fourth between tabs.
Overall, if you decide to do the DIY version, just ensure you have patience (something I can use more of), and that you enjoy reading. Now back to testing, failing and all the other things that come with this DIY….
Yesterday, I shared a few things on my todo list and today I’m attempting to make the move to a self hosted WordPress site.
A few challenges and snags:
- I was ready to pay for a guided switch.
- Paid siteground upfront
- Learned majority of WordPress.com team would be away 😒
After spending about an hour with a happiness engineer I decided maybe my hosting site would have something set up. And I was right.
I’m publishing early today in case I need some tutorials for later.
I’ve written out my landing page and even had someone edit for me.
This weekend I’ll be working on flushing out the content.
Stay tuned to the new updates !!!!